SUNDAY 5 SEPTEMBER
START TIME 8:00AM
After everything that has happened over the past 15 months we are pleased to bring you the Swansea Gower Sportive.
There could well be some COVID restrictions still in place but we are looking forward to being back on the road.
With most of us staying in the UK in 2021 you have the opportunity to experience the full range of scenery the Gower has to offer – from world class beaches and country lanes through to the exposed moorland of Cefn Bryn and Welsh Moor.
You will receive all the support that you would expect on an organised sportive including a warm meal at the halfway point.
We are delighted to be working again with Cycle Solutions – the UK’s largest independent cycle to work scheme provider who are based in Swansea – and Sancta Maria who supported the Gower Bike Ride last year.
We believe that the scenery should be truly appreciated on this Ride and so there will be no prizes for the first home. Cefn Bryn is the highest point on the Gower Peninsula and we will be running a Strava based challenge for the King and Queen of the Bryn.
All routes and updates will be sent out via a free downloadable App which integrates with both Garmin and Strava.
We have created a route just short of 70 miles with some testing climbs that never leaves the Gower.
Although you will never be far from the City Centre you will feel miles away from urban life.
The charm and remoteness of many of the Gower coastal villages contrasts with the exposed heathland of Cefn Bryn and Welsh Moor but both show Gower at its finest.
THE BRYN CHALLENGE
Cefn Bryn is Gower’s highest point and while this Sportive is not a race we will be crowning the King and Queen of the Bryn. We will be giving prizes to the top men and women for this Strava based challenge.
You will have completed more than 53 miles before the challenge starts and is a climb of just under 300 feet over 1.7 miles.
SWANSEA GOWER SPORTIVE 2021
START TIME 8:00AM
By entering Swansea Gower Sportive/Sarn Helen Sportive I understand:-
1) that if I am in doubt about my health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, I should obtain my doctor’s approval before participating.
2) I acknowledge that I participate in this event at my own risk and that its appointed agents, cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of my participation;
3) undertake to be bound by the instructions as stipulated during The Ride and to observe the Highway Code;
4) agree to my picture being taken for publicity purposes.
5) to wear a cycle helmet at all times whilst riding.
6) You must be at least 18 years of age before 31 August 2021 unless special permission is granted by White Rock Events.
7) Routes and timings and other alterations may occur which are beyond the control of White Rock Events.